Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Birthday Boy - Turning Six!

I'm not usually so maudlin ... but my baby is turning six.  It makes me a little teary eyed.



It's hard to believe.  Every day I see changes in him, both physically as well as mentally.  The way he moves, the agility and assuredness of what his body can do.  The way he expresses his ideas ... and he has so many ideas.  Wonderful, crazy, incredible ideas that make me laugh and smile, and often ponder.

To help him celebrate both this birthday and his graduating from Kindergarten, we organized a birthday bowling party.  It was Walter's idea - he has recently become enamored of the game.  The children really seemed to enjoy themselves - one hour of bowling followed by lunch and cake.  It went by so quickly.



We gave out small prizes for the highest score, the next best, and those who bottomed-out.  We didn't get the ratio's right so we had to "borrow" a couple of things from Walter's loot bag.  He somewhat graciously allowed us to do this.  Not easy for a soon-to-be six year old.  Yes, we did have to promise to take him to the movies - the soon to be out Monsters Inc. University.



Well, My Bugaboo ... you are definitely not a baby anymore.  I love you from here to infinity and beyond.  Hugs and Kisses from Mommy and Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment