Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Learning More - Improving Photographs in Lightroom

I'm still hunting for a new camera.  Just when I think I've picked the one I do just a little bit more research and hesitate.

In the meantime, I got myself a simple tripod from Staples - the Slik Compact II for Digital.  It's a wonderful little tripod and I'm quite happy with it.  It comes with a little carry pouch which makes it great for taking along when you're out and about.  At $29.86 it didn't hurt either.


The other thing I bought was Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.  I already have Adobe Photoshop Elements 10.  It's been a great program for doing basic edits on my photos, but I wanted to do a bit more and everything I read pointed me to Lightroom.  Since I work in the education field I was able to buy it for $79.98.  What does Lightroom give me?  Well, I'm still learning, but here's one thing I've just done in a few minutes.

I went from this:

 
To this:


I'm still learning how to do things, but I'm hoping it will give me some flexibility in improving the images I create ... whatever the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment